USAID Scholarships: The floods that occurred in Pakistan the previous year resulted in unparalleled harm to the infrastructure and the means of subsistence for millions of individuals. The potential for university students hailing from districts impacted by the floods to discontinue their higher education is imminent due to the absence of economic means.
USAID Scholarships for Flood-Affected Students
Consequently, USAID has declared a scholarship initiative based on both merit and financial requirements, which has been granting scholarships to students from economically challenged families since 2004. This initiative will allocate scholarship funds for a span of two academic semesters, aiming to alleviate the financial hardships faced by students affected by the floods in thirty partner universities.
All the essential information regarding the scholarships for undergraduate students affected by floods is provided here.
- To be eligible, a student should be registered in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th semester during the Fall of 2023, pursuing a four/five-year undergraduate degree. All fields of study are available.
- Applicants must be from regions impacted by floods as identified by the Government of Pakistan, PDMA, or District Administration, including districts, sub-districts, or UC Tehsils.
- Valid evidence of flood-related damages, like impacts on households or livelihoods, is required. Falsified images sourced from the internet will not be accepted.
- Candidates selected for consideration of financial assistance will face an interview conducted by the University’s Institutional Scholarship Award Committee.
- Half of the available scholarships are set aside for female recipients.
Scope of Scholarships
- Cost for two semesters namely Autumn 2023 and Summer 2024.
- Financial support encompassing Residence & Meals, Travel, additional Educational Expenses for two semesters.
How to Apply for USAID Scholarships
- Applying is mandatory for students via the HEC Online Application System.
- The application form’s hard copy, along with necessary papers, must be presented to the university’s student financial aid offices.
- Unfinished forms will be ineligible for acceptance.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship grants will solely depend on merit; however, HEC retains the authority to revoke the scholarship in case the applicant’s details are discovered to be questionable and inaccurate during physical verification.
- Admissions obtained through self-sustain/self-support/self-finance pathways, or in evening programs with increased fee structures, dual-year bachelor’s, associate, or lateral degree programs, are not qualified.
- Students benefiting from any other scholarships or ongoing grants are not qualified.
- Scholarship funding will cover only two semesters.
Last Date to Apply
The final day for submitting online applications is August 16th, 2023.