The UNIL Master’s Grants are provided by the University of Lausanne, situated in Switzerland. These grants are offered competitively to global students aspiring to undertake a Master’s Degree program at the university.
The scholarship is provided for the minimum duration defined by the chosen program. It totals CHF 1,600 per month, starting from September 15th until July 15th (covering 10 months per year) for the entire length of the master’s program (either one and a half years or two years, depending on the selected master’s track), except in cases of definitive failure following the initial year.
Students awarded the scholarship will be exempt from fixed registration fees for the courses, except for the CHF 80.00 fees due each semester.
UNIL Master’s Grants Scholarship in Switzerland for Foreign Students
|University of Lausanne, Switzerland
|Number of Scholarships
- Prior to the start of the master’s program at UNIL, possession of a foreign university degree deemed equivalent to a UNIL bachelor’s degree.
- Attainment of distinction during academic pursuits, particularly evidenced by outstanding scholastic accomplishments.
- Attainment of language proficiency reaching at least C1 on the European Language Portfolio’s global scale, either in French or English depending on the language of instruction for the chosen master’s program.
- Absence of prior enrollment at UNIL.
- Fulfillment of the CHF 200.00 administrative fee payment (refer to the “list of documents to accompany your application” for details).
Level/Field of study:
- School of Medicine Master’s degree.
- Education Sciences and Practices Master’s degree.
- Law Master’s degree. Exemptions: Accepting applications for Master’s Scholarships in specializations such as “International and Comparative Law,” “Legal Theory,” and “International Tax Law and Policy.”
- Physical Education and Sport Didactics Master of Science.
- Health Sciences Master of Science.
- Sustainable Management & Technology Master of Science.
- All 3rd cycle MAS programs (Advanced level programs).
Value & Duration of this Scholarship:
The grant is provided for the student’s chosen program’s legally required minimum time frame. It totals CHF 1,600 monthly from mid-September to mid-July (or 10 months annually) throughout the entire master’s duration (either one and a half years or two years, depending on the selected master’s), except for cases of permanent failure following the initial year.
Scholars receiving the grant will not need to pay the standard enrollment charges for the classes, except for the CHF 80.00 fees due each semester.
Terms and conditions
The form to apply for the Master’s Scholarship also functions as an entry form for the selected Master’s program (and thus as a registration document at UNIL). Hence, there’s no requirement to request the master’s degree through the UNIL Admission Office (SII). Applicants for the Master’s Scholarship must submit their application and upload their full application document in PDF format during the online submission (not via email).
The application deadline is November 1st (as per postmark), for commencing the master’s program in the subsequent academic year, either in the fall semester or, if permitted by the program, in the spring semester.
Visiting the official website (link provided below) is essential to access the application form and list of attachments, as well as to obtain comprehensive details on applying for this scholarship.
Last Date of UNIL Master’s Grants Scholarship in Switzerland
1 November 2023
How to Apply
Visit the official website