HEC Undergraduate Scholarship
The HEC (Higher Education Commission) has introduced an exciting chance for skilled students from Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) through its Undergraduate Scholarship Initiative.
The goal of this program is to offer financial assistance to outstanding students, allowing them to follow undergraduate studies in distinguished Pakistani universities and institutions.
Step-by-Step Guide for Applying for HEC Undergraduate Scholarship
The Batch-III labeled scholarship initiative is currently receiving applications for the 2023-24 school year. The application period will stay accessible until 30 September 2023, offering sufficient time for qualified applicants to submit their applications.
In order to be eligible, applicants should meet specific requirements:
- Possess a domicile or local certificate from Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Finish their Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or a similar qualification.
- Must not be presently availing any other scholarship opportunity.
- Should be 22 years of age or below at the closing date of application submission.
- Fulfill both HEC and university admission prerequisites for the selected BS programs.
Benefits of this Scholarships
The Undergraduate Scholarship provided by HEC encompasses various costs to guarantee students can entirely focus on their education. The advantages comprise:
- Inclusive of tuition costs, residence fees, and other essential expenses, capped at a maximum of Rs. 240,000 annually.
- A monthly grant of Rs. 15,000.
- Provisions for books and travel, totaling Rs. 30,000 per year.
How to Apply
Below is the organized process to apply:
- Navigate to the web-based application portal.
- Generate your unique login ID and establish a password for later use.
- Fill out the extensive application form, guaranteeing precise completion of all sections.
- Transfer a non-returnable application charge of Rs. 500 at any HBL branch in Pakistan, utilizing Account No. 1742 7900 133401, Account Title: Higher Education Commission, Branch
- Code: 1742, Islamabad. Include an electronic copy of the bank receipt while submitting the online application.
Selection of candidates will rely on a blend of their aptitude test performance, overseen by the Education Testing Council (ETC) under HEC, and their academic history. Maintaining eligibility requires applicants to attain at least 50 percent marks in the ETC test.
The scholarship selection procedure highlights merit, without any prejudices concerning gender, caste, ethnicity, or faith. Furthermore, students already registered in public sector universities/institutions for a maximum of one academic year/session preceding the scholarship advertisement are also eligible to apply.