The Pakistan government, through its Railways Ministry, released a notice on August 21, 2023, regarding the enhancement of different positions within Pakistan Railways for the year 2023. Here are the particulars:
Pakistan Railways 2023: Upgrading SM/ASM Posts from BPS-10 to BPS-15
The Government of Pakistan’s Ministry of Railways has declared the elevation of positions from BS-10 to BS-15. The Lahore High Court issued a ruling on May 6, 2022, pertaining to the petition numbered 9501/2020, submitted by Manzoor Ali Mashori and others.
In accordance with the establishment division’s reference OEM #8/39/2016-R-6(Pt-I) dated May 4, 2023, and the relevant subject therein, the authorized body has sanctioned the advancement of posts from Basic Pay Scale-10 to Basic Pay Scale-16.
- The position of ASM/Gr-I Basic Scale 10 is elevated to Basic Scale 14.
- The position of ASM/Gr-II Basic Scale 13 is promoted to Basic Scale 15.
- Position of ASM/Gr-III Basic Scale 15 gets advanced to Basic Scale 16.
- The position of ASM/Gr-II Basic Scale 15 is raised to Basic Scale 16.
- The position of ASM/Gr-I Basic Scale 13 undergoes an upgrade to Basic Scale 15.
Detail of Pakistan Railways 2023 Posts Upgradation
Notification dated August 21st, 2023, issued by the Deputy Director Policy and O.D, pertains to the Chief Personnel Officer based in Lahore at the Pakistan Railways Headquarters Office. The subject of the Notification revolves around the elevation of certain positions from BS-10 to BS-15. The specifics are outlined below:
|Designation of Posts
Upgrading the Station Superintendent Post
The notification highlights that the post of station superintendent has been upgraded from Basic Scale 16 to Basic Scale 17.
Following approval from the finance division, the federal government will be informed about the enhancement, as indicated, and this information will be communicated to other superintendents within the federal government.
Also Read: Apple Job Vacancies in UAE & Saudi Arabia
Terms and Conditions of Pakistan Railways 2023 Posts Upgradation
The update of the mentioned post is dependent on these stipulated provisions:
- The guidelines provided in Establishment divisions DO letter No.08/36/2000-R-1 dated 31st December 2008 will be applied for the modification in Recruitment Rules and the documentation of the advanced post.
- The Ministry of Railways will allocate a specific budget to cover the costs related to the elevation of these positions.