Job of Inspector in Punjab Police Department 2023
Here are the most recent PPSC vacancies of 2023 featuring a comprehensive list of all present and forthcoming positions declared by the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) in Lahore and throughout Punjab. These opportunities come with detailed information on application forms, notifications, schedules, and results.
The PPSC is responsible for overseeing the selection and employment of highly skilled individuals for government civil service positions within the Departments of the Government of Punjab in Lahore, Faisalabad, Rawalpindi, Multan, Gujranwala, Sargodha, and other cities across the province.
The commission ensures a fair and transparent recruitment process based on merit, conducting various tests and examinations every month to identify qualified candidates. Job announcements are regularly made each month and are regularly updated on this webpage.
Also Read: Nurse BS-16 Post in PPSC 2023
|Sr. No||Post Name||Department||Pay Scale||Total Seats|
|01||Inspector (G.E.B)||Punjab Police Department||BS-16||86- Posts |
(Only Sub Inspectors Belonging To General Executive
Branch (G.E.B) Of Punjab Police Working On Regular Basis Can Only Be Eligible To Apply For The Post)
|Sr. No||Post Name||Qualification|
|01||Inspector (G.E.B)||i) Graduation (2nd Division) from a university recognized by Higher Education Commission. |
ii) Have Five (05) Years’ Service in the rank of Sub-Inspector and fulfill the following laydown criteria for eligibility: –
a) has satisfactorily completed the probation period, and is confirmed in the rank of Sub-Inspector;
b) Has served in the rank of Sub-Inspector for at least five years;
c) Has not been awarded two major or ten minor penalties during the last two years as Sub-Inspector;
d) Has spent a period not less than two years in the field assignments; and
e) Has successfully qualified any of the courses in operations, investigation or intelligence functional streams at any police training institutions
|Male:||30 to 50 years|
|Female:||30 to 50 years|
|No Age Relaxation in Age Limits|
|DOMICILE:||Domiciled in any District of Punjab Province|
|PLACE OF POSTING:||Anywhere in Punjab|
Syllabus for Written Examination/ Test
|Sr. No||Post Name||Syllabus for Written Examination/ Test|
|01||Inspector (G.E.B)||PPSC will conduct one paper written test of 100 marks which will consist two parts as per detailed syllabus given at the PPSC official website: – |
Duration of Paper Total time for written test will be 03 hours. The duration of Subjective part will be 02 hours & 30 minutes and the duration of Objective part will be 30 minutes.
Part-I: 25 Multiple Choice Questions in English carrying 25 Marks with negative marking as per Policy of the Commission (Duration 30 minutes)
Part-II: 15 Subjective Questions in Urdu with no choice carrying 75 Marks (Duration 02 hours and 30 minutes)
How to Apply
Last Date to Apply
Terms and Conditions
- Please read the “General Instructions” regarding Application Fee, Written Test, Interview on PPSC website www.ppsc.gop.pk before applying online.
- Employees of Semi Government and Autonomous Bodies of Federal Government or Provincial Government and those of Local Bodies are not entitled to age concession for the period of their service in such organization.
- In case a candidate claims that his/her qualification is equivalent to the prescribed qualification, he/she will be required to submit equivalence certificate of his/her foreign/local qualification, issued by the Competent Authority of HEC/PMDC/PMC/PEC & QEDC of concerned Administrative Department, which will be accepted by the Commission as Final, at the time of interview or whenever asked by the Commission. If a candidate fails to submit Equivalence Certificate issued by the Competent Authority at the time of interview or whenever asked by the Commission, his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
- In case, a candidate claims experience of private firm / entity, he / she must bring proof at the time of interview that the firm /entity is registered with SECP, Registrar of Firms or any other Regulatory Authority, failing which his / her application shall be rejected. Candidate must provide proof of registration showing that the concerned private entity had the status of a registered body during the period of experience claimed by the candidate.
- The candidates will ensure that after applying for a particular post they will immediately apply for Departmental Permission Certificate/NOC in their concerned Department(s) and provide the Departmental Permission Certificate/NOC at the time of interview (if called).
- The candidates just after applying for a particular post advertised by PPSC will ensure that they have obtained/applied for registration in PEC/PNC/PMDC/PMC/PVMC or other relevant body for Registration Certificate on or before the Closing Date and provide the same at the time of interview (if called).
- The candidates will ensure that they will provide marks obtained / total marks or percentage certificate of all degrees, issued by the Competent Authority, at the time of interview. CGPAis not acceptable.
- No information, whatsoever, shared by anyone other than on the PPSC’s website, is authentic; therefore, candidates must not trust any such information.
- The Shorthand Test and Typing & Proficiency Test, if required, will ONLYbe held at Lahore.
- In case of variation (increase/decrease) in number of post(s) by the concerned department, No Fresh Applications will be invited.
- Applicants are advised to deposit fees online by using the following mediums ONLY i.e. ATMs, Mobile Phone Banking, Internet Banking, Over the counter (by visiting the nearest *1Link Member Banks Branches), Jazz Cash, Easy Paisa, U Paisa, and other available micro-finance banks. For details, please visit PPSC website at