Cambridge Retake Exams for Pakistani Students

Responding to the disturbance caused by disorder on the 10th, 11th, and 12th of May 2023, Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) intends to arrange a reexamination in October.

The declaration, issued by the authorities on Friday, has the goal of tackling the worries of students and parents regarding unforeseen grades in the A and AS-level examinations of 2023.

Cambridge Retake Exams for Pakistani Students

Cambridge Retake Exams for Pakistani Students

An essential gathering was called at the Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training (MoFEPT), in which key stakeholders like the Country Director of CAIE, Uzma Yousaf, the Director of the British Council, Maria Rehman, and other educational leaders took part.

The emphasis was on creating a strategy to correct the disparities in the recent examination outcomes.

Fees for retake exams by Cambridge shall be waived. Reduced-cost logistics support by the British Council. Re-evaluation and re-assessment of Cambridge assessment grades individually for notable disparities in school-assessed grades.

In cases seeking re-evaluation and reassessment, 80 percent will be covered by schools, and the remaining 20 percent by parents. If these reviews lead to grade adjustments, the complete fee shall be reimbursed.

Also Read: AUE Job Vacancies in UAE: Earn up to 8,000 Dirhams

Moreover, the Ministry will communicate with prominent university Vice Chancellors for admission flexibility, and will collaborate with regional governments to execute comparable actions.

An arrangement for addressing complaints will be set up within the Ministry of Federal Education & Professional Training under the Private Institution Education Regulatory Authority (PIERA) to oversee lingering issues.

This entire situation commenced subsequent to the receipt of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) AS and A-Level outcomes by Pakistani students. The annulment of examinations on 9 and 12 May because of political tensions resulted in unforeseen grades.

Scholars and parents requested the rescheduling of the postponed examinations to rectify their scores. In reply, Cambridge International conveyed that they were progressively reinstating the pre-pandemic norms of 2019.

Leave a Comment